Our friends at VegasTripping announced the 2013 Trippies nominations today. We are truly honored and humbled by the number of categories in which you nominated us:
- Best Las Vegas Podcast: Five Hundy by Midnight (eligible again this year after last year’s Hall of Fame induction).
- Best Tweeters: @anitamartini and @fivehundy. Wow. We didn’t expect to be included in this category.
- Best Las Vegas Website: FremontStreetBars.com. Have you heard of it? I may have mentioned it on the podcast once or twice.
- Best Community: The Five Hundy Facebook Group. This one is all about you guys and the great vibe you’ve created. Whether or not you vote for us in any other categories, this one means the most to us because it’s all about you. So vote for yourself.
Thank you for the nominations and congratulations to the other nominees. Voting is open now through Dec. 11.
Here’s a short bonus podcast where we shill for votes and thank all the beautiful people…
Direct download of the podcast: Five Hundy By Midnight 12/4/12 21:01 min, 21.9 MB) or subscribe.
Las Vegas podcast #334 includes:
- Kathy Griffin opener
- Restaurant closings: Boa, Les Artistes, Lago and Union
- Empire Comedy Club is coming to Napolean’s at Paris LV
- Laugh Factory is likely coming to Tropicana
- Icons of Comedy series is coming to Riviera
- Venetian show rumors
- Plaza entertainment news
- Gameworks is moving
- Chuck Jones Experience finally opens
- The Paris balloon is probably going to be fixed
- Royal Resort is trying to make things happen
- Write a clever Las Vegas poem and win stuff from us and Viator
- Annual Trippies Analysis
- Vegas Mate 3.5 is really great.
- Dr. Dave’s Viva Tot Vegas site
- Listener calls about Godzilla slots, Cosmo’s pop-up wedding chapel, Aria’s buffet, China Poblano, Luna Rossa, Las Vegas Club, frozen drinks coming to Bill’s, Strip bagpipe player, THEhotel, Oscar’s and more
- Call us at (702) 866-9494
Direct download of the podcast: Five Hundy By Midnight 1/21/12 132:39 min, 121.6 MB) or subscribe.
We’ve known for years how much Five Hundy listeners rock, but now it’s official. Our beloved Facebook group has received the 2012 Trippies Award for Best Community. Congratulations to the 1,200 listeners who use the group as a place to ask and answer questions and chat about their favorite city.
We would like to extend a special thank-you to Pete and Ellen, who started the group several years ago, and to the VegasTripping crew for their work on the Trippies and all-around general fantasticalness.
With the podcast now retired into the Trippies Hall of Fame, this is icing on the sweet, sweet Vegasy cake.
Congratulations to all of the Trippies winners, especially our friends at the Vegas Gang Podcast and, of course, our frequent sponsor, Vegas Mate (it’s really great).
We plan to provide our annual Trippies analysis on next weekend’s podcast.
When Five Hundy by Midnight was retired to the Trippies Hall of Fame for Best Vegas Podcast, it never really dawned on us that Five Hundy would pop up in another category.
We were pleasantly surprised this morning to find the Five Hundy Facebook Group nominated in the Best Community category. This nomination is a testament to the great information shared by our listeners and the overall positive vibe on the Facebook Group. Congratulations to everyone who participates on the Facebook group on the nomination. You guys deserve it. Now go vote!
* I was also nominated in the Best Tweeter. I’m honored but completely undeserving.