Thanks to Aaron for tipping us off to the upcoming release of Resident Evil Extinction. Based on the trailer, it looks like this may be the most frightening movie ever for Las Vegas fans.
Las Vegas podcast #112 includes:
- Colbert Report opening clip
- New Frontier sale reports
- Tropicana plan change
- Mindcirque? Freak du Soleil?
- Exit Scintas, Enter Matsuri
- Bette Midler signs with Caesars
- 3121 becomes Coco Bongo
- Tilted Kilt becomes McFadden’s
- Tim introduces a new term to the Five Hundy vernacular
- Rainbow Bar and Grill moves
- No show next week
These links just can’t wait one more day, so we’re bringing you Las Vegas Links on Monday this time around.
We’ve been doubtful of any major changes at New Frontier under Phil Ruffin’s ownership, no matter how many plans he announces. This afternoon, listener Andrea sent us this link to an interesting rumor about a possible New Frontier sale. I don’t see the Plaza name coming to the Strip, given an existing Plaza downtown, but if New Frontier changes hands, its days will be limited.
Have you ever dreamed of being a giant who towers over all of your favorite Las Vegas landmarks as you walk down the Strip? Me neither, but if I had, I’d get my ass to Legoland to see the new Las Vegas Miniland exhibit.
Las Vegas Business Press ran an interesting profile of South Point owner Michael Gaughan, one of the last of the old school Las Vegas casino owners. It sounds as though he hates the new name of the former Barbary Coast like the rest of us. Not surprising.
Las Vegas podcast #111 includes:
- What Not To Wear opening clip
- Stardust implosion
- Canyon Club comes to Four Queens
- Hard Rock announces expansion plans
- Mandalay Bay Gold Class Rooms
- Lucky Strike and Poly Esther’s open
- Calls and commentary on Las Vegas during the NCAA basketball tournament, ultra lounges, Project City Center and much more
So if you’re in the mood for a little destruction, check out these videos of the Boardwalk, Desert Inn, El Rancho (future home of Countryland USA), Aladdin, Landmark, Dunes and Sands implosions. Kaboom.