Las Vegas podcast #116 includes:
- The Hungry Detective opening clip
- Stratosphere sold
- Carmen is out, Pam is in
- Palms buffet reopens
- Barney Frank introduces online gambling bill
- Finding better room rates
- Listener reports on Terribles, Crazy Horse Paris, Trader Vic’s, Atlantic City trips, Vegas withdrawal and more
- This guy wants to buy you drinks
Direct download of the podcast: Five Hundy By Midnight 4/29/07 (42:57 min, 39.5 MB) or subscribe.
A couple weeks ago, Steve Friess from The Strip interviewed us for Podcast411, a podcast about podcasts and podcasters. We had a blast. Steve is a fantastic interviewer, reporter and writer, so we were honored he chose to interview us. We talked about Las Vegas and the geeky behind-the-scenes details of Five Hundy. The interview has been posted to the Podcast411 site, so check it out if you’re so inclined. And if you aren’t already listening to The Strip, check out that podcast too. Steve and Miles feature great Vegas-related celebrity interviews and present a local perspective on our favorite city each week. Thanks to Steve for interviewing us and to Podcast411’s producer and usual host Rob Welch for including us in his show.
Las Vegas podcast #115 includes:
- Beverly Hills 90210 opening clip
- MGM Mirage sets up for Project CityCenter North
- 2008-2015: The North Strip Era
- Aladdin no more
- Penn rips Gans
- Listener calls about the Treasure Island smell, celebrity sightings, Mandalay Bay’s new rooms, Wynn discounts for poker players and much more
- Photos from our most recent trip
Direct download of the podcast: Five Hundy By Midnight 4/22/07 (43:48 min, 40.2 MB) or subscribe.
Las Vegas Review Journal reports that MGM Mirage will announce today the acquisition of the property across Las Vegas Boulevard from the Sahara as well as the land next to Circus Circus where Maxim magazine was planning to build.
MGM’s plans to redevlop the land include making Circus Circus “the gateway to our new development, similar to what Monte Carlo is to Project CityCenter.” If by “gateway” they mean “casino people walk past to get the the other properties in the area,” then this all makes perfect sense.
Las Vegas podcast #114 (reposted to fix sound problem) includes:
- How I Met Your Mother opening clip
- Danza? Swayze? Who can replace The Hoff?
- Orleans changes
- Gambling software
- Own a piece of Stardust
- The Rat Pack is Back
- Drunk dials and other listener calls about Planet Ho, Pussycat Dolls Casino, Rainbow Bar and Grill, Wine Cellar at Rio, Voodoo Lounge drink prices and much more
Direct download of the podcast: Five Hundy By Midnight 4/15/07 (43:41 min, 40.1 MB) or subscribe.
Drew Barrymore continues here role as the new Meg Ryan in Lucky You, a chick flick we’ll have to see (on DVD or cable) no matter how bad it is just because of the Las Vegas factor.