For the second time, the Palazzo soft opening has been delayed. Hunter broke the news earlier today, and a quick check of the hotel’s online reservation page suggests the new opening date for the hotel is slated for Jan. 6.
Update: Perez Hilton is reporting that Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club at Palazzo now may miss its opening date due to a failed building inspection.
Update 2: Parts of Palazzo opened last night, including 40/40 and the casino. Steve Friess posted some photos on his blog early this morning. The hotel remains unoccupied.
Las Vegas podcast #146 includes:
- Celine Dion opener
- Celine says goodbye, and Tim gets a little misty
- Caesars Palace raises limits
- Harrah’s tries some damage control by firing 200 people just before Christmas
- Tropicana is in trouble
- Mob museum update
- Palazzo kicks off the Tournament of Roses Parade
- Jay-Z performs at The Pearl
- Hanukah in Vegas by Dave Lifton
- Listener calls
- Vegas and Food
- Christmas in Las Vegas by Richard Cheese
- Christmas in Las Vegas by Clint Holmes and Leslie Gore
Direct download of the podcast: Five Hundy By Midnight 12/16/07 (38:35 min, 35.5 MB) or subscribe.
Las Vegas podcast #145 includes:
- Las Vegas celebrity Christmas greetings
- Harrah’s problems move to Flamingo
- Harrah’s buyout nears completion
- Rumors about Donny and Marie replacing Toni Braxton at Flamingo
- Crown Las Vegas update
- Gold Spike renovation
- Club Grazie details
- Listener Mark’s Las Vegas Hanukkah song
- Listener calls about Sigma Derby, Imperial Palace, Daniel Boulud and more
- Christmas in Vegas by Louie Louie
Direct download of the podcast: Five Hundy By Midnight 12/9/07 (43:55 min, 40.3 MB) or subscribe.
As work to bring Harrah’s Las Vegas and Rio up to code, Flamingo now gets its turn. According to a report in today’s Las Vegas Review Journal, recent work put visitors at risk.
According to a KVBC report, Donny and Marie Osmond are in the final stages of negotiation with the Flamingo to replace Toni Braxton next year. If the report is true, the Osmonds’ gig will keep them in the showroom at the Flamingo for 40+ weeks annually for several years.
Oddly, Donny and Marie announced just a couple weeks ago that they’ll be performing together for a week in July 2008 at MGM Grand.
Las Vegas podcast #144 includes:
Direct download of the podcast: Five Hundy By Midnight 12/2/07 (33:18 min, 30.6 MB) or subscribe.