Last night, the Vegas Tripping crew announced the winners of this year’s Trippies.
Thanks to everyone who voted for Five Hundy by Midnight as the Best Las Vegas Podcast, @fivehundy for Best Las Vegas Tweeter and FremontStreetBars.com as Best Las Vegas Website. We’re truly honored and more than a little surprised.
Congratulations to the nearly 1,700 maniacs on our Facebook group for winning the Best Community for the second consecutive year. You’re all sorts of awesome, and the award is well-deserved.
Thanks to the Vegas Tripping posse for giving the Editor’s Choice nod to Five Hundy for Best Las Vegas Podcast.
A few friends of the show took home well-deserved honors from VT’s readers as well. Congratulations to Vegas Mate for again winning in the Best App category, Two Way Hard Three for nabbing Best Blog, Drunk Scott for getting Best Casino Social Media and Derek Stevens for his Person of the Year award.
Next week’s podcast will feature our annual Trippies analysis.
Our friends at VegasTripping announced the 2013 Trippies nominations today. We are truly honored and humbled by the number of categories in which you nominated us:
- Best Las Vegas Podcast: Five Hundy by Midnight (eligible again this year after last yearâ€™s Hall of Fame induction).
- Best Tweeters: @anitamartini and @fivehundy. Wow. We didnâ€™t expect to be included in this category.
- Best Las Vegas Website: FremontStreetBars.com. Have you heard of it? I may have mentioned it on the podcast once or twice.
- Best Community: The Five Hundy Facebook Group. This one is all about you guys and the great vibe youâ€™ve created. Whether or not you vote for us in any other categories, this one means the most to us because itâ€™s all about you. So vote for yourself.
Thank you for the nominations and congratulations to the other nominees. Voting is open now through Dec. 11.
Here’s a short bonus podcast where we shill for votes and thank all the beautiful people…
Direct download of the podcast:Â Five Hundy By Midnight 12/4/12Â 21:01 min, 21.9 MB) orÂ subscribe.
We’ll see you at the Indigo Lounge at Bally’s on Oct. 13.
On this week’s show, we announced our Las Vegas poetry contest. Here are the rules and guidelines:
- Write an original poem about Las Vegas. Any type of poetry is welcome. Haiku, iambic pentameter, sonnet, whatever. Make it rhyme or don’t.
- Keep it short. You should be able to read it in less than a minute.
- Be creative. Amuse and entertain us.
- Bonus points for mentioning Viator, Five Hundy by Midnight and/or familiar Five Hundy references.
- One entry per person.
- To submit your poem, recite it on our voice mail line (702-866-9494); record it to an audio file and e-mail it to us at email@example.com; or e-mail us the written text.
- If calling, include your name and e-mail address. Don’t worry. I won’t play your e-mail address on the show.
- If e-mailing, the subject line needs to be “Poetry Contest.”
- All poems need to be submitted by 3 p.m. CST on Friday, Feb. 3.
- We will choose our favorites. It’s entirely subjective and it’s entirely up to us. Finalists will be read/played on the Feb. 5 podcast.
- First and second place winners will be announced on the Feb. 12 podcast.
- The first place winner will receive a $100 Viator gift certificate. Thanks, Viator!
- The second place winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate.