Archive for the 'Site/Show Info' Category
In the days since posting show #449, Michele and I have been overwhelmed by the flood of supportive e-mails, Facebook comments and tweets. I can’t adequately express how much I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to share personal stories or to simply tell us you’re thinking about us. With so many people on my side, I feel like I can’t lose. So from the depths of my heart, thank you.
The maniacs at VegasTripping.com announced the 2014 Trippies nominations this afternoon. Thank you to everyone for nominating us in several categories. We are both honored and humbled by your support. Five Hundy by Midnight related nominations include:
- Best Las Vegas Podcast: Five Hundy by Midnight.
- Best Tweeter: @fivehundy. Thanks, but I’m voting for @misnoper.
- Best Las Vegas Website: FremontStreetBars.com.
- Best Community: The Five Hundy Facebook Group. This one brings me great joy, as it’s a reflection of all the great discussions, tips and information you provide.
Thank you for the nominations and congratulations to the other nominees. Voting is open now through Dec. 11 at http://www.vegastripping.com/trippies2014/.
Derek Stevens, CEO at The D, announced this afternoon that he has lined up multi-platinum Canadian alt-rock band Our Lady Peace to headline the Vegas Internet Mafia Family Picnic afterparty on Oct. 19. After a fun-filled afternoon with us and our friends from VegasTripping and Vegas Gang, stick around for a massive night in the VIP section directly in front of the Third Street Stage.
If you’ve never been in the VIP section at a Fremont Street Experience concert, trust us… it’s fantastic. In addition to having a great vantage point just feet from the stage, it’s not nearly as packed as the general admission area, plus easy access to the bar.
Whether you’re an Our Lady Peace fan or not, you’ll want to stick around for this party. It’s going to be a great time, and we can’t wait to see you there.
Last night, the Vegas Tripping crew announced the winners of this year’s Trippies.
Thanks to everyone who voted for Five Hundy by Midnight as the Best Las Vegas Podcast, @fivehundy for Best Las Vegas Tweeter and FremontStreetBars.com as Best Las Vegas Website. We’re truly honored and more than a little surprised.
Congratulations to the nearly 1,700 maniacs on our Facebook group for winning the Best Community for the second consecutive year. You’re all sorts of awesome, and the award is well-deserved.
Thanks to Chuckmonster and his Vegas Tripping posse for giving the Editor’s Choice nod to Five Hundy for Best Las Vegas Podcast.
A few friends of the show took home well-deserved honors from VT’s readers as well. Congratulations to Vegas Mate for again winning in the Best App category, Two Way Hard Three for nabbing Best Blog, Drunk Scott for getting Best Casino Social Media and Derek Stevens for his Person of the Year award.
Next week’s podcast will feature our annual Trippies analysis.
Our friends at VegasTripping.com announced the 2013 Trippies nominations today. We are truly honored and humbled by the number of categories in which you nominated us:
- Best Las Vegas Podcast: Five Hundy by Midnight (eligible again this year after last year’s Hall of Fame induction).
- Best Tweeters: @anitamartini and @fivehundy. Wow. We didn’t expect to be included in this category.
- Best Las Vegas Website: FremontStreetBars.com. Have you heard of it? I may have mentioned it on the podcast once or twice.
- Best Community: The Five Hundy Facebook Group. This one is all about you guys and the great vibe you’ve created. Whether or not you vote for us in any other categories, this one means the most to us because it’s all about you. So vote for yourself.
Thank you for the nominations and congratulations to the other nominees. Voting is open now through Dec. 11 at http://www.vegastripping.com/trippies2013/.
Here’s a short bonus podcast where we shill for votes and thank all the beautiful people…
We’ll see you at the Indigo Lounge at Bally’s on Oct. 13.