Archive for the 'Site/Show Info' Category
The maniacs at VegasTripping.com announced the 2014 Trippies nominations this afternoon. Thank you to everyone for nominating us in several categories. We are both honored and humbled by your support. Five Hundy by Midnight related nominations include:
- Best Las Vegas Podcast: Five Hundy by Midnight.
- Best Tweeter: @fivehundy. Thanks, but I’m voting for @misnoper.
- Best Las Vegas Website: FremontStreetBars.com.
- Best Community: The Five Hundy Facebook Group. This one brings me great joy, as it’s a reflection of all the great discussions, tips and information you provide.
Thank you for the nominations and congratulations to the other nominees. Voting is open now through Dec. 11 at http://www.vegastripping.com/trippies2014/.
Derek Stevens, CEO at The D, announced this afternoon that he has lined up multi-platinum Canadian alt-rock band Our Lady Peace to headline the Vegas Internet Mafia Family Picnic afterparty on Oct. 19. After a fun-filled afternoon with us and our friends from VegasTripping and Vegas Gang, stick around for a massive night in the VIP section directly in front of the Third Street Stage.
If you’ve never been in the VIP section at a Fremont Street Experience concert, trust us… it’s fantastic. In addition to having a great vantage point just feet from the stage, it’s not nearly as packed as the general admission area, plus easy access to the bar.
Whether you’re an Our Lady Peace fan or not, you’ll want to stick around for this party. It’s going to be a great time, and we can’t wait to see you there.
Last night, the Vegas Tripping crew announced the winners of this year’s Trippies.
Thanks to everyone who voted for Five Hundy by Midnight as the Best Las Vegas Podcast, @fivehundy for Best Las Vegas Tweeter and FremontStreetBars.com as Best Las Vegas Website. We’re truly honored and more than a little surprised.
Congratulations to the nearly 1,700 maniacs on our Facebook group for winning the Best Community for the second consecutive year. You’re all sorts of awesome, and the award is well-deserved.
Thanks to Chuckmonster and his Vegas Tripping posse for giving the Editor’s Choice nod to Five Hundy for Best Las Vegas Podcast.
A few friends of the show took home well-deserved honors from VT’s readers as well. Congratulations to Vegas Mate for again winning in the Best App category, Two Way Hard Three for nabbing Best Blog, Drunk Scott for getting Best Casino Social Media and Derek Stevens for his Person of the Year award.
Next week’s podcast will feature our annual Trippies analysis.
Our friends at VegasTripping.com announced the 2013 Trippies nominations today. We are truly honored and humbled by the number of categories in which you nominated us:
- Best Las Vegas Podcast: Five Hundy by Midnight (eligible again this year after last year’s Hall of Fame induction).
- Best Tweeters: @anitamartini and @fivehundy. Wow. We didn’t expect to be included in this category.
- Best Las Vegas Website: FremontStreetBars.com. Have you heard of it? I may have mentioned it on the podcast once or twice.
- Best Community: The Five Hundy Facebook Group. This one is all about you guys and the great vibe you’ve created. Whether or not you vote for us in any other categories, this one means the most to us because it’s all about you. So vote for yourself.
Thank you for the nominations and congratulations to the other nominees. Voting is open now through Dec. 11 at http://www.vegastripping.com/trippies2013/.
Here’s a short bonus podcast where we shill for votes and thank all the beautiful people…
On this week’s show, we announced our Las Vegas poetry contest. Here are the rules and guidelines:
- Write an original poem about Las Vegas. Any type of poetry is welcome. Haiku, iambic pentameter, sonnet, whatever. Make it rhyme or don’t.
- Keep it short. You should be able to read it in less than a minute.
- Be creative. Amuse and entertain us.
- Bonus points for mentioning Viator, Five Hundy by Midnight and/or familiar Five Hundy references.
- One entry per person.
- To submit your poem, recite it on our voice mail line (702-866-9494); record it to an audio file and e-mail it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or e-mail us the written text.
- If calling, include your name and e-mail address. Don’t worry. I won’t play your e-mail address on the show.
- If e-mailing, the subject line needs to be “Poetry Contest.”
- All poems need to be submitted by 3 p.m. CST on Friday, Feb. 3.
- We will choose our favorites. It’s entirely subjective and it’s entirely up to us. Finalists will be read/played on the Feb. 5 podcast.
- First and second place winners will be announced on the Feb. 12 podcast.
- The first place winner will receive a $100 Viator gift certificate. Thanks, Viator!
- The second place winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate.
We’ve known for years how much Five Hundy listeners rock, but now it’s official. Our beloved Facebook group has received the 2012 Trippies Award for Best Community. Congratulations to the 1,200 listeners who use the group as a place to ask and answer questions and chat about their favorite city.
We would like to extend a special thank-you to Pete and Ellen, who started the group several years ago, and to the VegasTripping crew (especially Chuckmonster) for their work on the Trippies and all-around general fantasticalness.
With the podcast now retired into the Trippies Hall of Fame, this is icing on the sweet, sweet Vegasy cake.
We plan to provide our annual Trippies analysis on next weekend’s podcast.
Join us on Sunday, Jan. 1, at 7 p.m. CST for a live, streaming show and post-show chat. We’ll be using Stickam as we have in the past, so make sure to sign up for an account if you’d like to participate in the chat.
We look forward to starting the new year with a little live Five Hundy fun.